Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Trip to the Goat Farm!

We finally made it on an 'official' field trip this year to a local goat farm with a group of homeschoolers. It was a great experience for everyone, and I'm so thankful to my friend who organized the trip. I'm looking forward to trying to make it on more official outings in the future. One of the greatest joys of this trip was really seeing how sweet my boys are with animals. I've seen the girls with animals many times before, but this trip really let me observe the boys in action. I have such precious children.

I love Will's expression in this one: 
 They let the children hold the baby goats:
 This one let out a huge cry when Addie took her...
 ... but calmed down rather quickly.
Will kept pointing out all the goat poop he came across. He does the same thing in our yard with the dog poop. I'm pretty sure he expected me to grab a plastic bag and pick it up. Silly boy.  
Boys being boys out on a farm... makes my heart happy. 
 Waiting for lunch:
 The girls with their best friend, Haley:
Photo op:
 Resting with their friend, Alex:
Will waiting with friends, Gavin and Nancy Kate, for a goat ride. I love how sweet Gavin is with his hand on Will's shoulder:
 Jacob and his best bud, Dylan, picking (and devouring) huckleberries:
 They could've spent hours picking these berries:
We had such a wonderful trip! Our next field trip is to a creamery next week... I'm already looking forward to more fun in the country with God's creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment