Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Beautiful Girls

Yesterday morning Bella came up to me and asked, "Am I fat?" I was really caught off-guard with that one. When I told her that she was in no way fat, she admitted that a boy had told her that she was. It broke my heart. I could already see her sincerity and worry and the start of poor self image. Really? She's only seven. After reassurances by myself and Jake, I think she brushed it off, but I truly hope that is the case. My beautiful Bella.

So what did I do next? A few hours later I asked her to let me brush her hair so I could get some photos of my beautiful girl. As I was brushing her hair, Addie started to sulk. She was upset that I didn't tell her she was beautiful. After trying to convince her that I wanted photos of her, too... but that I can only fix one girl's hair at a time... we headed outside for a mini photo shoot. As you will see, it took Addie a while to get over her sulking, and repeated efforts to assure her that she, too, is beautiful. Sheesh! I already feel the challenge that the next years will bring... when it will be my burden honor to show my daughters the truth - that they are beautiful inside and out, and most importantly... beautiful in God's eyes.

I mean... just look at my beautiful girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment