Last Wednesday was Addie's last night as a Cubbie in Awana. For those of you not familiar with the Awana Club program, it is a church program focused on teaching and training children to be followers of God. I think it's awesome. Each week they memorize scriptures, have some game time, craft time, story/lesson time, and so forth. They earn awards and Awana 'shares' for their memory verses and then can 'purchase' products with their shares during store nights (various trinkets, toys, and candy). Addie was in Cubbies this year (3-4 year olds), but next year she will move up to the next level, Sparks.
For Addie's last class she was chosen to be the special class leader (designated with the name tag). She was so happy:
As leader, she held the flag for the Pledge of Allegiance:

And for the Pledge to the Bible:
Getting her book completion award (the ribbon) and participation certificate:

Have I mentioned that she likes to dress herself?

Her class and leaders:

I am thankful for wonderful Christian leaders and programs. Addie absolutely loved Awana this year, and she has learned so much about God's truth.
i want to find a church around here that does it! I think Elliot would love it and her mind is such a sponge right now. Every week after Sunday school she tells me all about the Bible story she learned about. I think it would be great! Does it run with the school year?
ReplyDeleteErin, look it up here: http://awana.findlocation.com/
ReplyDeleteYes, the program does run with the school year. We go to a different church for Sundays, but just take the kids to this one for their fabulous Awana program. In Hawaii, our regular church had the program.