I recently found AOL Radio online and started listening to music during the day. It's been a long time since I've been able to listen to music for myself. Music that isn't for my children. When we are in the car, it is usually too noisy to hear much of anything, or else we listen to the kids' Awana songs or Sing the Word. But now I decided it was time for my music. And you know what? Music makes me happy. When I get to sing, it makes me happy, and it makes my whole attitude better. I don't mind sweeping if I get to sing and dance while doing it. The dishes aren't such a drag when I get to sing and shake my booty. And cooking dinner tonight, which took over an hour, was a mini "alone" time for me - I could cook, sing, and rejuvenate all at the same time.
Wow. I can't believe I forgot how much music means to me; how peaceful and joyful it makes me.
And the great part about online radio, is that I get to pick exactly what I want to listen to for the moment. I've been listening to a lot of country music. But it's great because I can also listen to the classic rock I enjoy. Or to some great 80s music. And if I don't like a song? I hit the skip button and move on to a better song. It's great.
There is even amazing Christian music to choose from, which is especially good for my soul. Worship has always ranked at the top of my spiritual life. To be brutally honest, it is probably the number one factor for me when we are searching for a new church home. And with the Navy, we find ourselves looking for new church homes quite frequently. Music connects to my soul. And in worship, it connects me to the Lord in ways that nothing else can.
So, if you find yourself a little down and maybe a little stressed... try turning on the radio. It worked for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment