My mom has the most beautiful garden. Posting photos of it seems like an injustice, because it is so much more amazing in person. When my parents moved to their current house, instead of installing a traditional pool in the screened-in porch, they opted for a double pond and waterfall. In the years since, my parents have put in countless hours of work (my mom doing all the tending, my dad being her technician and willing laborer). A couple times each year they participate in pond & garden tours, and they get some recognition for all their hard work. To me, it is therapeutic to sit and enjoy the garden - a calm and peaceful sanctuary. For the kids, they love to run around and look at all the fish, to hunt for jewels in the rocks, and to race a set of balls down the creek.
My children have such distinct personalities. I love this photo.
This is my favorite flower in the garden... I love how the vine is suspended.
See? Such pretty flowers!
There are plenty of koi.
A closer look at the waterfall.
The girls went around and collected the flowers that had fallen.
Will made sure that he wasn't left out of the photo fun.
Jacob, on the other hand, was too busy running around to slow down for a picture.
I see the beauty in my mother's garden and I praise God for His wonderful creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment