Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Tournament

For Mother's Day weekend, we spent Friday and Saturday at the softball field for Bella's last tournament of this season. Her team had a good run, and ended up taking second place. It was another late night, and we didn't leave the field until 10:45 on Saturday. I am so thankful that these tournaments are over! Next season will go so much smoother with Jake back at home.

Bella got a hit (the ball is off to the left of this photo):
There was a professional photographer on the fields taking photos, printing them off and selling them for a killing. I would love that job. He got some amazing angles that you just can't get through the darn fence! Here are two of the shots I bought (these are scanned images, so not very clear):
I just love Bella's 'game face' in this shot:
She played hard, and by the end of the night she was covered from head to toe in red dirt:
Bella even chose to play an extra game as a pick-up player for the Tornados. Her friends Regan and Anaya were on the team, and when Bella heard they were short players she was eager to volunteer. I love her spirit.
Addie has three friends on one of the tee ball teams, and when she found this out midway through the season, she was begging to play. It was tough trying to explain to her why it was too late and that next time she needs to say yes at the beginning of the season (which was offered to her at the time). I wonder if she'll still want to play in the fall.
By the end of the evening, the younger ones were so ready to leave:
Addie even fell asleep on a friend's lap during the last game (an older sibling of Bella's teammate):
But Bella was so happy to be going home with a new medal! Go Team Xtreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment