Sunday, May 22, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

Addie finished her year of ballet yesterday with her big recital, Alice in Wonderland. Addie was a Tart, which meant that her dance was the second to last dance of the whole show. She danced beautifully, and I was so proud of my ballerina! The photos are a bit hazy, as we weren't allowed to use flash. I would have loved to take the camcorder, but those are forbidden, so I resigned myself to ordering the $28 recital DVD. I find that an absurd price, but it is the only way for Jake to see the performance, and as Addie says she's done with ballet, it might just be her only recital ever. 

A couple photos from the dress rehearsal:
 All ready before the show:
My sweet girls:
I'm quite proud of this ballet bun. A friend gave me a tip to use a rolled up sock inside the bun and it really made my very short haired girl appear to have a full bun. And I cannot begin to describe the great amounts of gel, hair spray, and bobby pins that it took to work with such short hair. Addie's hair = my accomplishment of the day. Addie's performance... all hers!
Bella and her friend, Regan, ready to watch their sisters perform:
The big performance! The various shadows are the heads of audience members...
Addie is in the center (left) of this one:
 Addie coming out for the final bow:
 Addie and her friend, Haley:
 Addie and her friend, Olivia:
I just love this girl!

1 comment:

  1. Brava, Addie!! Just adorable.
    And Julie, I know how difficult creating a bun can be...stellar job!!

    ReplyDelete