There are many things I count as assets of being a Navy family, but one of the greatest is definitely the friends we have made these past 7 years. And sometimes, as a bonus, we have the chance to see those friends again. We first met Jimmy and Heather in Hawaii a few years ago, and although they recently moved to California, Jimmy is currently training here in Mississippi for 4 weeks. So when I heard that he was coming, I was hopeful that Heather and their little boy would make it out, too... and they did! They came for just one week, but we spent quite a lot of time together and had a blast. It had been over a year since we last saw them, but when we got together it was so easy to just pick back up where we left off. I find that amazing. And awesome. Here are a few photos from Heather and Asher's last dinner at our place:
This is the kids being goofy... I love all their personalities...
Will trying to give Asher a hug... they are only 3 weeks apart in age...
They didn't want to just sit nicely together...
The dads had fun with opposite boys...
Addie really wanted a photo with Asher, but he wasn't having it!
The guys:
The gals:
It was a great week, and I hope we'll see each other again in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment