Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School 2010-2011

When we first arrived in our new town our goal was to start our school year on the same day that Jake was starting his training classes for work (Monday, August 30th). However, our household goods weren't delivered until the Thursday before. We spent all weekend unpacking and setting up our house, but by Monday I hadn't even cracked open the school boxes. Yet that didn't stop Bella from begging to start our school year. She had her heart set on starting, and so Monday night (around 8pm) I opened the boxes while Bella and Addie oohed and aahed over all their new schoolbooks. They were so excited. And so was I. So I pulled a late night, stayed up until 2am, and prepped to start our new school year. Although our first day was a bit on the rough side, we did finish our first week on a positive note, and are heading into week #2 tomorrow (or later today, as it is nearly midnight!)

Here are photos from our first day of school, August 31st. 
Bella, my second grader:
Addie, my kindergartener:
Jacob, my noisiest distraction:
William, my sweetest, naughtiest little boy ever:
Although our school days can get a bit hectic at times, I know that this is the life God has planned for us and I am learning to roll with the punches. It is an honor and a blessing to be able to homeschool... a challenging and rewarding adventure. I pray that this school year will be a fruitful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment