On July 2nd, the children and I met up with my dear friend, Jenn, and her son, Tyler. It had been almost 6 years since I'd seen Jenn last, but we do our best to keep in touch with each other over the distance. (Way back in the day, she stood by my side as my maid of honor.) So on that day we met up at SeaWorld and proceeded to take 5 children ages 8 and under around a theme park. (I feel like I should mention that Jenn was 5 months along that day with #2 as well.) It sounds crazy but we had a really good day!
The children all lined up waiting for our first show: One World - informally, the Shamu show. (Our favorite show of the day ended up being the dolphin show, but I didn't get any photos of that one.)
Me and Jenn (my head looks really large compared to hers... hmpf!)
The penguin encounter:
Manatees! I'm pretty sure my children hadn't learned about these until that day... their teacher must be a slacker.
Petting some stingrays:
Our last stop before leaving the park... the aquariums:
We had a wonderful time at SeaWorld, and it was such a nice day spent with friends. I feel like I should mention how awesome it is that Anheuser-Busch offers a Hero Salute to military families. Once a year, we are able to choose one Anheuser-Busch theme park to visit for free. Over the years we have enjoyed Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and now we have added SeaWorld Orlando to the list. It is such a blessing to know that there are companies out there who are willing to honor military members and their families. Thank you, Anheuser-Busch!











I LOVE that last photo of all the kids looking at the fish. Such great sillhouettes!
ReplyDelete