Of course, it's not a trip to Gainesville without a trip to the campus of the University of Florida. Kristin and I took the kids for a drive through the main points of interest, and then we got them out for a quick walk through the stadium and surroundings. I truly have nothing but fond memories of my college days in Gainesville. Jake and I transferred to UF in our second semester of our sophomore year, and that summer we were married. Gainesville is where we had our first 'home', where we acquired our first 'babies' - AKA our dogs back then, where we made lasting friendships, and where we made so many sweet memories.
Around the stadium...
Their first glimpse of The Swamp:
The children really enjoyed running up and down the stadium for fun. There were other adults there doing it for exercise, but the kids didn't need any motivation... they just had a blast.
Another gator statue - I think this was on a different side of the stadium near the new entrance. (If I'm wrong, I apologize.)Then we walked across the street to get some shots with Albert and Alberta. My little Gators doing the Gator Chomp... we teach them young.
While in Gainesville I was on a mission to outfit the entire family with Gator shirts... it took several stops but we were successful! While we were at Gator Mania in the mall, Addie had asked to buy a Gator hair tie - just a rubber band with ribbon tied on. I told her no, and she put it back. However, one of the boys (pretty sure it was Will) had grabbed it again and it ended up on the counter. I didn't notice it until the next day when I found it in the bag and it was a $14 dollar hair tie!!! Fourteen dollars for some ribbon! So, I took the darn thing back and since I could only exchange it (no refunds) we ended up with the Gator Family decals. I think they're adorable. I can already envision Jake's eyes rolling as he sees this blog. I love you, honey!
The "Florida Gators" decal is also new...
... and lucky Jake, I got him one, too! Smile.
Go Gators!
















You and the kids look amazing. You all have that summer glow. Glad you are having such a nice road trip:)
ReplyDelete