Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Audubon Zoo

For the last week in March our family took a 'partial' spring break. I say partial because although we took a break from our regular studies, we still took some time that week for the girls to take their standardized tests. However, with that only taking a couple hours each day, we still made plenty of time for some fun. I organized a homeschooling field trip for a group of friends, and we hit the road for the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. The weather was absolutely gorgeous that day, and we had a wonderful time together!

The group, minus Will. He refused to cooperate... sigh.
 Dylan and Will watching the elephants:
There was a petting zoo where the children got to spend time with goats and sheep. I love seeing how sweet and gentle my children are around animals.
A goat decided to take a poop. The children were fascinated.
 See? Like little raisins...
There was an animal carousel that I thought was pretty neat. The kids went around and selected their animal of choice:
Addie on the panda...
 Jacob on the panther...
 Bella on the flamingo...
 and Will on the rhino.
There was also a Dinosaur Adventure attraction. I thought it was pretty small, but all the children really seemed to love it. For days, that was the part of the zoo that they all kept talking about. The dinosaurs moved and made sounds, and the children could touch them.
 My attempt at a family shot... 
 The dinosaur dig.
 Climbing a tree...
 ...and sitting on an alligator. 
We saw a lot of gorgeous animals (and some weird ones, too) and had an awesome time. It's always fun to see the amazing animals that our Creator God designed. I was thankful that the Audubon Zoo had all the standard zoo animals, too, as our last trip to a zoo didn't have any bears, and the children were disappointed. It was a perfect day and a great field trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment