Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mommy/Daughter Girls Night In

Last week Bella, Addie, and I had our first official Girls Night In. After I got the boys in bed and sleeping soundly, the girls came out of their room and we had some fun spending time together without the constant attention that the little boys require. My favorite part of the night was the conversations I had with Bella. She really asked some mature questions for an eight year old, and I am thankful for moments like these that God provides for me to mold her heart. 

All set for the movie with their snacks of choice: Bella with a cupcake, Junior Mints, and popcorn... Addie with Peeps, Hershey's chocolate, and Doritos. The lone popcorn bowl in the middle had my Sunchips inside... Sarah was just hoping something would hit the floor. 
During the movie I did the girls' hair and nails. Bella chose braids, while Addie asked for curlers.
We finished the night with a sleepover in the master bedroom. Bella brought all of her 'babies,' too:
That pillow in the center is waiting for me... 
The next day, I took out the curlers and braids and took a couple shots of the girls. We discovered that Addie's hair is now too short for curlers, as her hair curled up so short and looked quite silly. However, we put the curls up into pigtails and we all thought the end result was adorable. Next time, I'll put the pigtails in first and save a lot of time on the curling! We also discovered that Bella's hair didn't take to the braids very well. Maybe next time I will have to utilize a lot more gel.
My beautiful daughters!
 
Throughout the evening I found myself praying to God, thanking Him for moments like these. I find it such an honor and yet such a responsibility to raise daughters in this generation. I can only pray that the Lord leads them and that they chose to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment