Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hair Cuts and the Tooth Fairy

Sunday was a happening day around here! After church we came home and I decided that I had put off cutting the boys' hair for long enough, so we headed to the bathtub and I got busy cutting. Bella had mentioned earlier that she wanted to get her hair cut soon, but she was going to wait until we went to visit Grandpa so he could cut it. I started thinking, and decided that since we would be near the hair salon the following day that I was willing to take a shot at cutting her hair. If all else failed, I could just take her to get it fixed on Monday. Well, I did it! I didn't do anything special - just a straight cut - but it's all she wanted and even though if I stare long enough I start to wonder if it is slightly crooked, it's good enough. I think I will spend that extra $15 I saved on something just for me.

Before:
 After:
The boys and their new cuts:
Earlier that day, Addie lost her 4th tooth. On Saturday, Jacob accidentally bumped his head into her tooth, which knocked it way loose and was quite the event with gushing blood. But she worked on it and by Sunday it popped right out. As she noted, it was the quickest loose tooth to lost tooth yet! 
Unfortunately, this tooth also marked the end of the Tooth Fairy for Addie. One of her friends at Camp Create spilled the beans. Now, the hard part will be getting Addie to keep the secret going for her brothers. She's not the most discreet secret keeper, and I really hope that each child will get to experience some of the fun with the Tooth Fairy. Then on Sunday, after she misplaced her tooth during the day, I found this note and 'gift' under her pillow. It was a dime, and a note that translates: "Mommy, I couldn't find it so can you still give me money? Thank you." She's lucky the Tooth Fairy is so nice and understanding. Wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment