Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Addie!

This year Addie's birthday fell on a Saturday and it wasn't during Easter weekend, so we were able to throw her a party on her actual birthday. Since it seemed like a perfect scenario, we let her have her own party, as opposed to sharing one party between both girls, as is our usual tradition. She was so excited to have her own special day!

A couple weeks before Easter, Addie saw a picture of a Peeps cake that her grandmother found, and Addie's whole face lit up. She had her heart set on a Peeps party. Thankfully, we had the theme chosen with enough time to purchase the goods before Easter! I was even lucky enough to find some 'party' Peep chicks that were cake flavored, so I tossed those on the top.
Following the theme... here's how the piñata turned out:
We headed to a park for her party, and it was a gorgeous spring day. After some food and play, we thought it was a good time for the piñata. Addie got the first swing, and she meant business!
We made it through the first round when the string pulled out. So we resorted to letting the younger ones "ninja chop" the piñata...
... but made the older children swing at the piñata as it was tossed to them. This was definitely not a traditional method!
I also learned that perhaps I had overdone the layers on this piñata... since the children all got to take 3 turns and it still hadn't broken. We resorted to letting the dads each have a swing, and finally our friend John was the piñata champion:

After cake and presents we all just enjoyed the beautiful day. Justin happened to have some tee ball equipment in his car so the boys (big and small) enjoyed that. 
 
Justin took a break to swing with his daughter... I love this:
The girls spent a lot of time sketching in Addie's new art books she received: 
 Bella, Brianna, and Addie:
 Goofy boys... Jacob, Sean, and Will:

What a fun way to celebrate our sweet Adeline. I am so thankful that God chose me to be her mother. This beautiful girl is now 8 years old!
 
Happy Birthday, Addie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment